
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3
Some days I need to repeat this scripture to myself over and over! After all the excitement at the farm yesterday, Jack got worn out, and things went downhill quickly. Between 1:00 and 4:00, he had three potty accidents on the floor (one was poop, though to his credit, he took his pull-up off because he knows he isn't supposed to go in his pants!). While I was cooking dinner (yes, cooking, believe it or not!), he was up to all sorts of mischief and aggravating Sammy. I finally had enough, and I sent him to his room to sit and play on his bed until I finished with supper. As you can imagine, this made him furious! As he stood on his bed, he scowled at me, shook his little fist, and shouted something that he thought would express his frustration: "Precious, precious, precious, precious, precious!" I hid my smile, ran out of the room and fell on the floor laughing!
3 comments:
I'm glad I could lend an ear for venting. We've all had those days... I hope today goes MUCH better! And despite how frustrating boys who have accidents can be, that story a day later is quite precious! :)
he is precious! those kinds of days ARE hard and hopefully they are few and far between! i love when i've had enough and then they do something sweet or funny...unknowingly almost...and God uses it to remind me of how truly precious these little ones are. as hard as that afternoon was, it will be a sweet memory for many years to come. :)
does it look like jack is floating in this picture? :)
Post a Comment