Little Sam isn't saying much, but today I discovered that he understands almost everything I'm saying. I told him (with no hand gestures) to put the pacifier in his hand in his bed. He did. Then I told him to take the one out of his mouth and put that in the bed. He grinned and did that too. At lunch time, I told him that if he was hungry, he should walk to his highchair. He walked from the living room to the highchair in the kitchen and raised his arms. Later, I told him to pick up a block and clean up, and he walked across the room and put the block in the right box. Now I flash back to mealtime - he holds a piece of food over the edge of his tray and grins at me while I tell him that we don't throw food on the floor. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows exactly what I'm telling him, and he's just playing a sneaky little game with me! I guess he has just been waiting for me to put him to the test!Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sneaky Sammy Revealed
Little Sam isn't saying much, but today I discovered that he understands almost everything I'm saying. I told him (with no hand gestures) to put the pacifier in his hand in his bed. He did. Then I told him to take the one out of his mouth and put that in the bed. He grinned and did that too. At lunch time, I told him that if he was hungry, he should walk to his highchair. He walked from the living room to the highchair in the kitchen and raised his arms. Later, I told him to pick up a block and clean up, and he walked across the room and put the block in the right box. Now I flash back to mealtime - he holds a piece of food over the edge of his tray and grins at me while I tell him that we don't throw food on the floor. There is no doubt in my mind that he knows exactly what I'm telling him, and he's just playing a sneaky little game with me! I guess he has just been waiting for me to put him to the test!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun ages! Brings back great memories of when my boys were just babies. Man time flies!
Post a Comment