Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fox in Sox and Doggy in a Box

Jack's little imagination is blossoming to include adventures with Doggy and Fox in Sox (his two favorite stuffed animals). He has become very attached to them, sleeping with them and carrying them around the house. He took an old shoe box and made a bed for Doggy, and rocked him to sleep in his rocking chair the other night. I guess he wasn't worried about Doggy being able to breathe - he prefers to put Doggy to bed with the cover on his box. He will often ask for a drink or a snack for his "friends," but then reminds me that he is just pretending when I ask what they would like to eat. He has also started playing very sweetly with younger kids (other than Sammy). He is learning to share and take turns with friends, but this is still pretty hard with Sammy. Sammy is starting to fight back by biting Jack when he takes a toy or does something mean, so maybe Jack will start being more careful. "Jack doesn't want to be Sammy's friend anymore because he keeps biting Jack..."

2 comments:

Heather said...

cute pic!!

The Hilemans said...

that is one stinkin' cute little girl those 2 boys seem to be doting on!! K&A have had many adventures with their stuffed guys - many many mornings I have to set up bowls and spoons and dry cereal for their elmos, bunnies and cats and they all sit on the table with their heads in bowls "eating." I wish I could remember what it was like to be that little and really believe my guys were real.