
I took Sammy for his one year checkup last week. His doctor asked the standard questions, including, "Is he saying 6 or 7 words now?" I told the doctor that I hadn't heard any yet. Sammy must have clued into this because he suddenly started saying a few words after his appointment! He now says done, hi, down, up, apple, cup, duck, cat and Jack. I'm waiting for him to say "Mama" in context. Not yet, but hopefully soon! Sammy is a determined little guy - tell him he can't do something and he'll prove you wrong! He's walking all the time now, getting faster and faster. He's almost up to a run - it's very cute when he does it - he looks back over his shoulder and giggles, then toddles away as fast as he can.I woke up shortly after Sammy's birthday and realized that I was still nursing him four times a day! I had gotten so used to my routine that I hadn't even given weaning a thought... He has grown up so fast! Now that I have him hooked on YoBaby smoothies, weaning is going much easier than I anticipated. Who wouldn't trade a yummy yogurt fruit smoothie for boring old milk? Bye bye to the joys and trials of nursing!
No comments:
Post a Comment