Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ABCs


I was beginning to think Jack would never be interested in reading! Granted, he is only 3 1/2, but so many of his little friends are reading at 4 already! I was starting to feel a little pressured, especially since Jack is a lot more interested in building and destroying than learning his letters. We've been working on starfall.com lately, and things are finally starting to click! He sounded out his first two words - "bus" and "sun." Yay, Jack! :)

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

yeah Jack! i worried a bit about my little J too but he too is finally starting to show interest in letters...and will be 4 on Sunday! :) those two have just been too busy with other fun things! no worries, they'll get it before too long! :)

Sherri said...

Sonja, pressured? May it never be! You are my inspiration! Several homeschooling parents of many children (5+)have told me that it is common for the oldest to read early if the oldest is female - but not so with boys. I've seen a huge difference between our boy and our girl in reading interest level. I'd say your Jack is doing great!

Sherri said...

Of course there are exceptions to the boy reading thing - I'm thinking of the super boy prodigy we know and love, BB. As for our stereotypical boy, he just likes to build and destroy.