Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mickey and Mow-Mow



It is always interesting to see what objects will become precious to my boys. For Jack, it is "Doggy," a little white puppy with brown ears that was given to him as a baby gift. Sammy has recently chosen his security animals.

Both Jack and Sammy were oblivious to animals or blankets in their cribs until around 17 months. From the time they were about 9 months old, I strategically placed SMALL blankies with snuggly animal heads in both of their cribs, hoping they would attach to something that I could pack easily and buy more of in case of disaster. They both ignored my well-planned ploys, and picked their own favorites.

Right after Thanksgiving, Sammy chose a LARGE stuffed black panther that he calls "Mow-Mow" (meow-meow). He was given a stuffed Mickey Mouse that is as big as he is for Christmas (thanks Aunt Berta!), and he now takes Mickey and Mow-Mow to bed with him. He loves to carry them around and play with them, so every nap and bedtime turns into a "cat and mouse" hunt, as we turn the house upside-down trying to find them! I guess I'm going to have to pack an extra suitcase for stuffed friends for our next trip!

1 comment:

The Hilemans said...

Cute! For her naps, EB now requires 2 stuffed dalmations, Elmo, a striped kitty cat, a bear wearing a rabbit suit, a bear wearing a moose suit, a stuffed fish and a baby doll that waves her hands and talks. And two blankies. :)